Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My first Christmas.

Ahhhhh, home sweet home! We made the trek down to Nanna and Claudie's and made it back in one piece (just.....Daddy was severely traumatised by the amount of traffic on the Hume Highway on Saturday the 23rd and spent the whole drive and the following 24 hours shaking like our old washing machine.) It was great to see all the aunties, uncles and cousins and to bask in the sugary goodness that is Mummy's family.
On Christmas Eve we went out to Uncle Denis and Auntie Becca's farm for dinner. Clancy has the most rocking sandpit in the whole wide world and all the cousins and I put it to good use. We also played with the chooks and patted the horse. They have just renovated the old house and it now looks like something out of all those Lifestyle channel renovation shows Mummy watches with an addictive fervour.
Christmas Day dawned, bright and cold (not quite snowing..... quite). I went to mass with Mummy while Daddy stayed home for some 'quiet time'. Once all the Tomlinson cousins were assembled (Sarah, Tori, Claudia and Clancy - Grace, Harry, Frances and Lil came over later.... okay, most of the cousins and where were Megan and Jess?) we got to play with all the wrapping paper, sorry unwrap the presents. The grown ups got to eat lots of lovely food and drink lots of lovely drinks...and all I got was healthy vegies and water! So not fair, especially when Claudia and Clancy got to eat ice cream and lollies. Damn those parents of mine and their nutritious ideals. I also have to say a big thank you to Auntie Kathryn, who shared a room with me at Nanna's house and got up to feed me at the crack of dawn, gently encouraged me to go back to sleep after my bottle and then got up to play when it became obvious that I just wasn't going to go back to sleep. I missed you this morning Auntie Kathryn.....did you miss me?
And to Frannie, for the skillful delivery of crawling lessons......I can get up onto my knees and rock back and forth now!

So, to Nanna and Claudie and all the Tomlinson family, thanks for a great Christmas,Love Wal.

3 comments:

Frances said...

Cousin Walter, Aunty Kathryn says it was wonderful to see you especially at 4.30am - but she's asleep now so I don't know what's wrong with her!!!!
I thought you were pretty cute and a fab music player!!!

Love Cousin Franny
P.S.
Don't forget your Daddy's birthday!!!

Walter said...

Great to see you found my website Frannie. Some of Mummy and Daddy's friends and family still cant find it!
Love Walter

Frances said...

Walter my darling,
that's because you made such an inprassion on me at Christmas time!!!
I saw Happy Feeet last night, Mumble reminded me of you - fluffie, cute and cudley!!!
Love always Frances
xxoo
P.S. Have you put our crawling leasons to use?