Sunday, November 26, 2006

Bad Parents in Contemporary Culture.....Please Discuss.


I have a sneaking suspicion that I may have 'bad parents'. 'Why Walter, what ever makes you say that?' I hear you ask.

They took me, at the tender age of eight months, to the pub last night (I spent the whole evening in fear of getting carded!) It was Uncle Jeremy's birthday yesterday and we went to a local yuppie bar/cum drinking establishment to for an hour or two to help him celebrate. Whilst there lots of people admired my tres stylish AB/CD t shirt, my boyish good looks and my superior ability to vomit on Mummy's shoulder several hours after my last bottle.

Mummy claims that Nanna and Claudie used to take her to the pub after football and after mass all the time when she was little, but hello.... that was your social life because you lived in the middle of nowhere! Daddy, however with his comparatively urban upbringing isn't so sure.

Anyhoo! I also got to meet my cousin Carl who, despite living around the corner, never comes to see us.

It was kinda fun, but I'm wondering what the good people at Family Services would think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what Walter thought of the outing on Friday 1 Dec at Weston Park? There were so many babies maybe not quite old as 250-year-old Walter, but his smile was the best!!! Where did this 250 year-old come from??? I was at his birth, I am sure! Young-Oak :)